Wednesday, February 2, 2011

First Post!

So I've been meaning to start up a blog for quite some time now but procrastination has always been a close friend of mine so it got put off a little longer than intended:)  But now that we are settled in down in Florida until March training and showing away, I thought this would be a good time to get my act together and get this thing up and running so am going to rapid fire off the first few updates about the journey and our first few weeks here.  The purpose of this blog is to keep those who are interested up to speed on the journey me and my current dressage horse Dominic LHF are on, in addition to some interesting stories and events I may have to add on the side;).  I began riding Dominic in 2006 and it's been a great journey, we are now finally about to embark upon the beginning of our real show career, although we've been showing successfully throughout Western Canada for the past few years we are now getting ready to take things a step further and venture out in to the international scene beginning with declaring for the Pan Am Games and competing in the major CDI's in Florida over the winter months while training in Jupiter at the Lady Jean Ranch with Albrecht Heidemann, from there I hope that we are able to successfully make the move up to the Grand Prix ring and hope to declare for major games at the Grand Prix level in the next few years, time will tell and we will see what the future holds.   Before I go any further I feel the need to take some time to sincerely thank multiple individuals who have influenced my life and helped me along on my journey, I'm not big on expressing things with spoken words as those who know me well are aware so I wanted to take the time to do it here.  First and foremost a big thank you to my parents who have made efforts to support and encourage me, particularly over this last year when I've had some pretty challenging moments.  Next I have to give a huge thank you to Susanne Berger who recognized my passion for dressage and has made my partnership with Dominic possible, I am forever grateful for this amazing gift and opportunity that you have given to me, without Nico I truly would be lost and I am eager to get going on the new "Rozzie" project when I get back home:).  Thanks to Melissa Northcott for being my unconditional friend for all these years, it's rare that you find a friend who doesn't place expectations on you and I am not the best at keeping in touch very often or even at all, I'm very appreciative to have a friend who remains my friend from the opposite side of the country even when we rarely speak in person at all, it's nice to know you're there.  Big thank yous to Mary Miller and Joanna Cockerline as well, Mary did an excellent job putting the Little Dressage website together (which I also have to get my act together and send some updates to as it's long overdue;) and has helped me with my fundraising campaign to help Dominic and I achieve our goals.  Joanna has offered her services working hard on publicity materials and sponsorship packages thank you both so much for your efforts!  Thanks to the Seidel-Wassenaar family for being friendly faces when we are off showing in Alberta, it's so much easier to travel when you have great friends on the other side.  Thanks to Pirjo Holt for welcoming myself and my crew of horses and riders in to train at her beautiful Serendipity Farms in Kelowna, BC and thanks to Ashton Leclair for providing care for the horses on a daily basis.  Thanks to Sylvie Fraser for being an inspiration at your young age, you have wisdom and talent beyond your years and I feel it is a privilege to call myself your coach and thanks for the hard work around the barn while I am away these next few months and of course the excellent braid jobs at so many shows:) Thanks to Sheila and Wally Goertz who have welcomed me to teach at their facility in Armstrong on an ongoing basis and thanks to Karel Nordstrom for setting up lesson schedules for the Armstrong crew.  Thanks to Brit Mills for providing Nico with excellent veterinary care, acupuncture, laser and chiropractic you have been a great help in maintaining and improving him as an athlete and thank you to Jordan Dinwoodie for the excellent farrier work and keeping Nico properly balanced from the bottom up.  Thanks to Ingrid Brown and County Saddlery also for keeping Nico happy in his tack.  I hope I haven't left anyone out and most of all just want to say a big thank you to everyone who has supported this journey and I know it will be a fantastic educational trip and I am eager to bring a lot of knowledge home to share with you all in the near future, I am very grateful for this opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment