Monday, March 28, 2011

Last Few Days:(

This will most likely be my last post from beautiful Florida, I intend to keep this blog up and running when I get back home though as I really have enjoyed writing it and I also find it really helps me to reflect on things and gain clarity.  I have to say I have such conflicting emotions about leaving Florida, on the one hand I am excited to get back home to my clients and horses as I have so much new found knowledge to share and honestly it's been a bit weird down here with only one horse for three months but on the other hand I am really going to miss the environment down here, and I'm not talking about the excitement of Wellington and all that stuff that most people equate with the Florida show scene, I'm talking about the environment of being surrounded by quality horses and riders on a day to day basis, everywhere you look down here there is quality and being around it non stop definitely brings up your expectations and ups your own riding.  On top of that I am really going to miss the small community we have had within our barn up in Jupiter, we've really had such a great group of people together and the barn has had a wonderful feeling of camaraderie, a group of riders who share the goal of bettering their understanding of the sport and who are competitive and yet don't compromise the correctness of the training or the fairness to the horse, it's been a fantastic environment to be around day to day.  In reflection, on these past few months I can honestly say I've really felt a huge transitional stage in my horse, he is changing so much right now which is very exciting and I've also felt a transitional stage in myself, my goals and how I want to go about getting there.  I've become much clearer on what I want to achieve at the end of the day (in both my day to day rides as well as my long term plans), I've realized very strongly that I want to commit more and more to the quality not quantity theory because quantity only leads to frustration, I want to keep my eyes clearly focused on the bigger picture so that I don't get distracted and lose that direction, this is a very easy sport to get caught up in the little insignificant things (in both the riding aspect as well as the personal/political aspect) and getting fixated on those little imperfections can sometimes create a nearsightedness which can cause a detour on the journey, I've decided to keep my focus very clearly directed along the path and not to add any unnecessary detours along that route:)

No comments:

Post a Comment